Note: The numbers refer to the photo above, from a 1958 catalog. Click on the name of the outfit to see the Toni booklet illustration.
- Cheerleader is a green felt skirt with Toni written in white across the front; long-sleeved white knit top; green and white cap.
- Collegiate is an aqua corduroy skirt with white felt curved patch pockets; a white knit top with three-quarter sleeves; blue sash. Click here for another photo. In 1960 this outfit was renamed Co-Ed. A later version of Collegiate is a sleeveless dress with red and white horizontal stripes on the bodice, black dropped waistband, white pleated skirt; black headband; red heels.
- TV Time is a black velveteen halter-top jumpsuit with elastic around at the waistline; short sleeved housecoat with rounded front hem.
- Surburbanite is a white vinyl coat with three red toggle closures; red corduroy hood; red cordoroy pants; shoes. Here is a variation of the jacket with green toggles and beige corduroy hood.
- Coat and Hat is a beige felt coat with two large pockets; red straw hat; white hankie with red edging; hose; red shoes. The 1959 version is a black felt coat with white collar, cuffs and pockets; matching hat; black purse and heels.
- Sunday Stroll is a dress with black satin skirt, white bodice trimmed with silver glitter; blue felt coat with black velvet trim; black velvet hat with blue ribbon; hose; black shoes.
- Tea Time is a coral taffeta short-sleeved dress with white bands at neckline and sleeves and black braid near hem; wide black belt with coral ribbon tie; natural straw hat with black band; hose; black shoes.
- Charleston is a yellow and black checked dress; yellow sheer jacket.
- High Society is a dress with black velvet bodice, black and white taffeta bubble skirt, and white taffeta cowl collar; black velvet hair ribbon with flowers; hose; black heels. The 1959 version is also a bubble dress, but in pale pink taffeta with lace overlay.
- Stewardess is a short-sleeved blue cotton dress with white trim at the neck and sleeve edges, silver metal pin; matching hat with pin; black belt; black purse; black shoes.
- Romance With Mink Stole is a pale pink satin gown with side slits, accented with rose velveteen bows; brown real mink stole; long string of pearls; hose; shoes. See another photo below.
- Dinner Date is a blue taffeta dress with bubble skirt, cowl collar, large velvet bow at dropped waistline; brown real mink hat and muff; black heels with rhinestones. The fabric of the dress tends to fade to lavender.
- Bride is a white satin wedding gown with attached stole and tiers of tulle accented with bows; cap headpiece with long tulle veil; bouquet; hose; white shoes.
- Cocktails is a dress with pale pink satin skirt, black velvet bodice, black lace overskirt, pink tulle stole; hose; black shoes.
- Bon Soir is a full-length nightie; lace-trimmed negligee; shoes with rhinestones. The 1959 version has a flowered negligee.
- Cha Cha is a black dress with full skirt, sheer white puffy embroidered sleeves and large bow at neckline. See photo below.
- American Beauty is a gown with silver brocade bodice, two-tier deep pink nylon tricot skirt; matching nylon stole.
- At the Beach is a red sleeveless top with white trim; pedal pushers; fringed hat; bag; red heels.
- Brunch Time is a black velveteen strapless jumpsuit; pale orange jacket with white nylon overlay; hairband; black heels.
- Shopping Time is a pale yellow dress with brown lace trim on bodice and skirt; brown straw hat; brown elastic strap heels with rhinestone accent.
- Sunday Best is a long sleeved pale pink dress with satin collar and wide satin band at hem; pink straw hat.
- Tea Time is a short sleeved white cotton dress with narrow blue horizontal stripes, black loop trim; red straw hat; black belt; blue purse; heels.
- (Name Unknown) - black velveteen pants; white long sleeved blouse with rhinestones and lace on front; rose ribbon sash at waist.
|Photos courtesy of Lisa Hanson. Check out Lisa's eBay listings.|
Thanks to Pam Iverson for help with this page.Additional sources for this page include:
- American Character Dolls by Judith Izen
- Dolls and Accessories of the 1950s by Dian Zillner
- "Teen Dolls" by Patricia R. Smith
- "Modern Collectible Dolls, Volume III" by Patsy Moyer
- "Modern Collector's Dolls, Sixth Series" by Patricia R. Smith
- The Doll and Teddy Bear Department edited by Thomas W. Holland
- "Modern Collectible Dolls, Volume II" by Patsy Moyer
- Glamour Dolls of the 1950s and 1960s by Polly and Pam Judd
- "Doll Values, Antique to Modern, Tenth Edition" by Patricia R. Smith
- "Modern Collector's Dolls, Fourth Series" by Patricia R. Smith
- "Modern Collector's Dolls, Eighth Series" by Patricia R. Smith
Copyright 2000-2010 by Zendelle Bouchard.
|Find Dolls by Manufacturer|
|Alexander||American Character||Arranbee||Cameo||Deluxe Reading|
|Find Dolls by Material|
|Find Dolls by Type|