Little Miss Nancy Ann is very similar to Cosmopolitan's Little Miss Ginger. Both dolls had extensive wardrobes featuring clothing for every occasion, which could be purchased separately.
Little Miss Nancy Ann is 8" tall with a rigid vinyl body and a softer vinyl head. She is jointed at the neck, shoulders and hips. She has gray sleep eyes with molded lashes. Her rooted hair came in a variety of shades and was styled as a long curly bob with bangs. Her fingernails are unpainted while her toenails may or may not be painted red to match her lips. She has unpierced ears. Due to variations in the vinyl formula, some parts of some dolls' bodies may have paled over time.
Little Miss Nancy Ann is completely unmarked.
She came dressed in a taffeta teddy with lace trim, over which she wore a short net petticoat or tutu skirt. Very high heels adorn her feet. A variety of additional outfits, mostly very simple dresses, were available for her. They may or may not be tagged. They include:
- #346 - White nurse's uniform with long sleeves; white organdy pinafore; nurse's cap; white shoes. A matching Miss Nancy Ann outfit was available.
- #322 - Red strapless sundress with white daisy trim; red straw hat with daisies; red shoes
- #305 - White short-sleeved dress with red polka dots, red trim at neck and sleeves. A matching Miss Nancy Ann outfit was available.
- White short-sleeved dress with red trim at neck and sleeves
- Dress with blue and white striped skirt, red bodice with three-quarter sleeves trimmed in navy blue. A matching Miss Nancy Ann outfit was available.
- #408X - White sleeveless dress with rose print in pink, purple, yellow and green, trimmed with yellow ribbons; yellow hair ribbon; white purse; white shoes
- Skating outfit: turquoise cordury skirt trimmed with white yarn loops; turquoise jersey wrap-front sweater trimmed with silver braid; turqoise tights; turquoise hat trimmed with white yarn; silver ice skates
- Riding outfit: beige corduroy jodhpurs; black riding jacket; black plastic riding cap; white scarf and boots
Little Miss Nancy Ann came packaged in a red and white paperboard box decorated with red polka dots and her name in white script. A label on the end of the box gives the stock number of 400. Her outfits were packaged in similarly decorated boxes, with a clear plastic window.
Sources for this page include:
- "Dolls and Accessories of the 1950s" by Dian Zillner
- "Glamour Dolls of the 1950s and 1960s" by Polly and Pam Judd.
Copyright 2004-2010 by Zendelle Bouchard.